Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baba Yaga's Looking at You


This is a companion piece to girl and the chicken legged house (Baba Yaga & Vasilissa). Where as the other piece is a two-page spread this on was to be a book cover. Watercolor painting edited in photoshop. 

Prep work:
Took a while to get to the illustration I actually did. These are two sketches that almost were. But I like the one I colored better than these two. 


Pencil sketch

Color sketches. 



 Progress pics:
I started and failed already once with this illustration by messing up the background's wash so when I started a new version I frisket-ed the heck out of the painting. All that orange is frisket.  


It's kind of terrifying to continue painting when she's looking at you like this...


And the final again..




No comments:

Post a Comment